Firms that follow these guidelines are six times safer than the industry average, according to the latest report from Associated Builders and Contractors.
According to Greg Sizemore, ABC’s vice president of health, safety, environment and workforce development, the safest construction companies typically have:
- Robust substance abuse policy
- Intensive onboarding and new hire orientation programs
- Frequent and regular toolbox talks
- Leadership that practices safety from the top down
- Protocols to measure and use safety data